20 October 2006

I heart my mimosa.

No, not the drink.*
The plant. Better known (to me, at least) as touch-me-not. For those of you who may not be familiar with this plant, it has sensitive leaves which fold together when you touch them. The leaves also close at night and reopen in the morning.





This plant grows plentifully in Kerala in south India and it has been my favorite since childhood, because I love to touch the leaves and watch them close. (Obviously, I am easily amused.) So when I saw it for sale at a local exotic plant store, I decided to buy it. I was a bit nervous about its chances for survival considering the lack of sunlight here (and the 15 € price tag). But it is doing well thus far. So we shall see.

An afterthought: It is Friday evening and I am blogging about a plant.*

* unfortunately

4 comments:

Zmooth G said...

you up on the plants too? Its the new revolution

Adei von K said...

My fave professor is a 4H member and she introduced me to HELLA plants when we went canvasing for a gubenatorial candidate! I've always kept plants and flowers in my house!

Anonymous said...

On another note......


It's Saturday evening and I am reading about you blogging about a plant.......

Leela said...

jameel: did you ever buy that palm tree/plant you wanted?

stace: i like to keep flowers and plants, but for some reason they always seem to die. but i'm doing much better with this one!

oh helen: LOL!