22 August 2007

like a skinny kid loves cake?

I love to bake. Typically I don't bake as much as I would like to because I need people around to eat it. So I tend to bake when there is some kind of event, otherwise I give the stuff to coworkers and friends. Lately, I have been baking a lot of cupcakes. I love cupcakes because they are super cute and fun to decorate. I gave last week's cupcakes to my neighbors, the apartment complex manager, and him and his 2 roommates. I have a reputation for making fabulous desserts (for the most part, lol, accidents happen, okay!).

A couple years back, my roommate Kenisha asked me to bake the cakes for a going-away party that she was hosting for her then boyfriend who was moving to LA. The party was being planned by her and his mother, who lived in Arizona and was coming to Colorado for the event as well as to help him move. Anyway, as they were figuring out what they needed to buy as far as decorations and sending out invitations and such, Kenisha let his mom know
that I would be taking care of the cakes so they didn't need to order any. On the day of the party, I went over to Kenisha's house and as she was introducing me to his mom, she took one look at me and said Bones is going to bake a cake?!? I just stood there in shock. I thought that when you said you had a friend that was going to make the cakes, it was going to be some big ol' girl. Bones can't bake a cake. She continued as if I wasn't even there. My feelings were crushed. I didn't even know what to say. Kenisha told me to just ignore her (and as I spent more time around her, I realized that she lacks a bit of couth). I put it out of my mind, baked the cakes and they looked and tasted great. Nevertheless, to this day, what she said comes to mind, except that now instead of hurting my feelings it makes me laugh.


Today I baked chocolate fudge cupcakes topped with mocha amaretto buttercream frosting. They are extremely rich and delicious (unless of course you don't care for chocolate and/or coffee). Baking is like the perfect blend of science and art. So yes, bones can bake a cake. Thank you very much.

4 comments:

dreamyj said...

i must admit i didn't think bones could bake either, but she's aiight...

Ray said...

I need to invite you over or something, have you cook for me shoot. Food is a good way to a brova's heart lol..

Jameil said...

those are said cupcakes?!?!?! yumm!!! i make a mean peach cobbler (w/crust from scratch) and banana pudding.

Adei von K said...

are those your cupcakes?!?!!?

1. i always say this, your camera is AMAZING!
2. your baking skills are AMAZING!

on aformentioned comments, that looks like something out of a martha stewart magazine!!