19 March 2007

It's raining and my stomach hurts.

Some foods can only be eaten when you are alone. A brownie with peanut butter, vanilla buttercream frosting, and sprinkles is one of them. I woke up this morning to a cloudy grey sky. I felt betrayed. All last week the weather was beautiful. No need for a heavy coat, boots, or even an umbrella. The weather allowed us to play tennis at Luxembourg, which I am told is very chic (an opinion which I'm sure would change if they would've actually seen us playing). When you are ecstatic to have even hit the ball with the racket, the fact that it went over the fence into the neighboring court disrupting another game is secondary. I'm certain that our neighbors were fed up with retrieving our balls and very pleased when our game turned into more of a Lacoste photo shoot. So what happened to the spring of last week? This morning, with a defeated attitude, I was ready to take a wool coat from the wardrobe, but against my better judgment, I put on a light track jacket instead. I kind of froze my ass off this afternoon, although not in vain, because I have decided that the best way to bring on spring weather is to dress for it. The sun just needs a little encouragement.

4 comments:

dreamyj said...

too silly! tennis sounds like fun! I haven't played in quite some time!

Sorry to hear about your weather though! If it makes you feel any better, we've been having gloomy days since Saturday, which is unlike us as you know! The sun will come, don't worry! I think big smiles bring the sun, so your plan in conjunction with my plan should make for more sunny days! =)

Madam DLBG said...

ummm yeah...I don't think teh sun works that way. Talking ot her and DEMANDING she come out and play works much better ;-)

LMAO at Lacoste photo shoot. might as well look fly if u can be fly...

fuckgoogle said...

That's the attitude...I think.

Jameil said...

THAT IS SO ME!! i wore grass green, bright yellow, hot pink and electric blue 2 weeks ago. it was in the 60s here this last week. alas, it is supposed to snow april 5th!!!!