18 February 2007

Year of the Pig

Happy Chinese New Year!!

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous this weekend. The sun has been shining relentlessly, which caused my mood to soar with equal vigor. So this afternoon I went to the Chinese New Year parade to celebrate. The costumes were eye-catching, as was the (little bit of) dancing. But overall, I found the parade to be lacking in energy and organization (there were large spaces between the groups, which left one wondering if the parade had in fact finished or if there was more to come). The participants walked way too quickly for being on parade and they didn't display enough excitement. Needless to say, I was slightly disappointed. But it was nothing that a walk along the Seine and a crêpe couldn't solve.









Also, during the parade one of the dragons hit me in the head and I am almost certain that is a sign of good luck. Wishing prosperity, happiness, good fortune, and success to all!

5 comments:

Madam DLBG said...

Glad you had fun!!! yeah, i see this Chinese new year is really become a popular event.

dreamyj said...

YAY for pics! Keep em comin!

Brill said...

Paris, huh? Sounds interesting.
I'm actually a Pig, so I guess
this should be a prosperous
year for me.

fuckgoogle said...

Is that how that works get hit in the head by a dragon and recieve good luck...I'll work on that.

Jameil said...

hurray! that looks so freakin fun! partayyy!! i'm cravin one. perhaps i'll plan a parade for my return home!