14 February 2007

for the love of Dove milk chocolate hearts

People are starting to yell. And I know that means that the threats are soon to come.
Stay calm. Unlock the caps. One exclamation point will suffice. Either I am loved enough to be missed or you guys are just really bored. Whatever the case, I am posting.

It seems that almost everyone despises Valentine's Day, but I happen to LOVE it, so Happy Valentine's Day! This love probably has something to do with all the chocolate (which will be on sale tomorrow), flowers, hearts, jewelry, and the colors red and pink (pink has this unexplainable irresistible compelling quality). Throw in the fact that I basically love all holidays and any other reason to celebrate. I don't really have any epic V-Day memories that fuel my anticipation. Although it is funny that two years ago, for Valentine's Day, both of my parents sent me cards with checks included. It was a surprise, because Valentine's Day is not usually a paid holiday. But then it occurred to me, Did they send me money as a distraction because they were afraid that I would be sad or something? Because I wasn't. (Come to think of it that year was rather memorable.) Moving on...

So for all you people that hate Valentine's Day based on the logic that you shouldn't need a holiday to celebrate the ones that you love. I agree with the contention that you should express your love on a daily basis. But since when does a holiday take away from that? If you are already doing it throughout the year then doesn't Valentine's Day just give you an extra opportunity? As for all the other anti-V-Day reasons, to each her/his own (ie whatev).

Happy Valentine's Day
(or not punk) XOXO

3 comments:

Jameil said...

:) top 2 v-day post so far. hurray! and i'm not even really a vday fan and not b/c i have any far reaching reasons to hate or love it. i just hate how crazy people get over it.

dreamyj said...

Yea we know you love to celebrate! =) Stop tearing up all that chocolate though, you're getting crazy over there!

Madam DLBG said...

LOL...I still say screw VDAY