26 February 2007

Don't make fun of me.

So I decided to stop losing my mind, get myself together, and try to fit in. At least long enough to make some cupcakes. And what goes better with sugary sweetness with sprinkles on top than a nice happy story.
.
.
.
Except I can't seem to think of a story that doesn't involve me doing something really stupid. I will have to substitute a nice happy memory. I can do that.

I am disturbingly bad at receiving compliments. I'm not exactly sure why.
(Good thing they are far and in between.) I think that sometimes they seem overtly contrived and insincere. The same overused phrases lack meaning. Perhaps it's the motive that I am leery of. Why are you saying that to me? You must want something.
Instead, the silliest things flatter me. Things that were meant in a certain way, that I prefer to take out of context and give a completely different meaning (because life truly is better in my imagination).

A very long time ago in a very far away land, a boy and I were discussing the pronunciation of people's names and how intonation affects connotation (or something like that). I believe that the topic stemmed from him thinking that I pronounced a mutual friend's name like a swear word. Anyway, it ended with me noting that he didn't say my name very often. To which the boy replied, that is because when I say your name I feel like I don't do it justice.

No, it doesn't make sense. Yes, it is ridiculous. Refer back to post title. Thanks.

3 comments:

dreamyj said...

LOL! such a ham. that's all i have to say!

Adei von K said...

damn! that is deep! "I don't do it justice"?? that's beautiful

Jameil said...

that IS beautiful. the swear word thing cracks me up b/c it reminds me of ally mcbeal when lucy liu's character says, 'i don't like when you pronounce my name that way.' ally says 'what way?' 'LinG. with a hard l and a hard g.' (narrows eyes and walks off) FAN-FCUKING-TABULOUS. i loved her character.