13 January 2007

Come quickly, I'm drinking stars!

Today I ventured out to Ephernay and Reims in Champagne, to do what else other than visit wine cellars and taste champagne. I was going to write about my love of champagne and why it is my preferred drink and about how Ephernay is rivaling Vail as my place for retirement just so my grandchildren can say My grandma lives on Avenue de Champagne. But I decided it was better to stick with some unrelated musing instead.

1. There is a large community of people who use sign language in Paris. At least I think so because I happen to come across at least 1 group of people signing per day. Which supplied the inspiration for my best idea of the week (or month, if I'm unlucky). A good way to avoid unwanted gentlemen callers is to start signing in response to their approach. You don't have to know what you are signing, because they won't know either, so in most cases it will work without fail. Unless your cell phone starts ringing or something.

2. Why was this dude wearing a spinner watch?! I had to take a double take because I had never seen anything like that at all. And dude made sure that people noticed, because he kept on spinning it and everything. Assuming that I was behind the times, I had to google this nonsense, and I found that you too can own your a spinner watch (and there's more where that came from) for the low price of $29. My goodness.

3. I really hate the damn Facebook. You may recall that I was forced to take a hiatus from the Facebook early last year, because it was making me want to stab somebody, and I'm not even a violent person. Well really I had no intention of returning, but everyone kept insisting that it is a good way to keep in touch with people. Peer pressure is a bitch. Although also, I did not want to feel like I let something so trivial get the best of me. No, it's not the Facebook itself that I hate, because it is only a tool. I hate that it reminds me of things that I would much rather forget (i.e. 2005 - Year of the Fool (aka me)). It is also a bit disturbing how some things and people never seem to change.

4. Time is FLYING!!!!! It could just be me getting old, but I feel like time is passing so quickly. I will be home in less than 5 months (theoretically), which always leaves my emotions teetering somewhere between bitter and sweet.


5 comments:

dreamyj said...

yes, you are a drunkard! and yes, we needed you back on facebook! and time is not EVEN flying that fast... plus I know you tryin to stay in Europe for a full 2 years anyway, you ain't foolin nobody!!!

Leela said...

now Jade, that is not even right. you did not have to put me out like that all over blogger, in front of my new bloggy friends and all. not cool man! naturally, when in France, drink the wine!

Jameil said...

the problem is not the spinner watch, the problem is that you know of a website called thugfashion.com!!!!!! wth?!!? lmao!!

and hilarious: just so my grandchildren can say My grandma lives on Avenue de Champagne.

hahaha. may i say champagne does not play well w/others? any time i drink it at the same time as anything else i am almost immediately ill and very unwell the next day. boooooo for that.

Madam DLBG said...

thugfashion.com and spinner watches....why am I not surprised? These coloreds over here in American NEVER cease to amaze me.

"A good way to avoid unwanted gentlemen callers is to start signing in response to their approach."
You almaost made me fall out my computer chair laughing at this crap!! LOL, I feel like I should try that here, being that I am in the DC area and Galludat Univ. is here. LOL, my friends would be so EM BARE ASSED if I did that while they were around!!!

Leela said...

jameil: LMAO! i am not a frequent visitor of thugfashion.com, i found it through my google search!!! thugs need style too! (i suppose) and yes champagne is best consumed alone, or perhaps with other wine, but never hard alcohol

madam: LMAO again! hey your friends might be embarassed at first, but i bet they will be doing it next time, once they see how well it works!