24 November 2006

It's raining.

I forgot my umbrella at home today. So it rained on my head all day as I traversed through the city. It sucked. But thankfully I am not (yet) sick as a result.
This whole month has been gray and rainy.
I don't hate the rain, in fact I find it rather calming and cozy (while indoors). However I prefer consistent changes in the weather. Because I get through the rainy weekdays knowing that the sun always spends its weekends in Paris. This evening I checked the forecast and much to my disappointment, that will not be the case this weekend. I suppose I will have to make do with indoor activities.

Last weekend was especially beautiful and on Sunday I went for a ride on a bateau-mouche along the Seine. Blending in with the other tourists, I held the metal speaker to my ear listening to the historical explanations of le Louvre, les Invalides, and various other points of interest. Afterwards, I walked along the Seine soaking up the sun.







Oh yeah, for Thanksgiving, Madame and I went to a restaurant for Indian food. Oddly, that seemed a bit normal (although not much like Thanksgiving). I had chicken tikka masala (admittedly a non-South Indian dish) and a sweet lassi. Rice-based cuisines always bring me comfort. Although I am still waiting for that sweet potato pie (ahem, Jade!). And I am really missing the frantic shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Ah well...

4 comments:

dreamyj said...

yay for pictures, and soakin up the sun!

i'm definitely feelin the love on that shout out, but I am sad to report the sweet potato pie is all gone. Maybe next year, IF you decide to come back to the states, you can experience some of my delectable thanksgiving cooking!

Adei von K said...

Leela! what camera do you have?? your pix are ALWAYS amazing!!!

you know you didn't miss anything besides headache that comes with Black Friday shopping... and traffic.

Jameil said...

at least it was a gorgey day along le seine.

Leela said...

jade: i see you are still on this plan of getting everyone to DC! well i will be there for thanksgiving next year and i want a pie just for me

stacie: thank you so much! i use a sony DSC-T1. an oldie, but it is going strong!

jameil: when the sun comes out, Paris is so beautiful