24 September 2007

Sometimes my friend Jameel really sucks. I keep him around though I guess since he is my oldest friend and all, but still, he can really suck at times. It's like he just isn't thinking or something. I don't even know. For instance, there is the time that I was in San Francisco and he totally abandoned me for this Polish girl. Or how he agreed to do this web design work for my brother and kept postponing it until it was obvious that he had no intention of doing it. Did I mention how when he came to Europe last year, he did NOT visit me in Paris, yet he managed to go to Paris this year after I had already returned home? Okay fine fine, to be fair, he does do a lot of nice things too...right...moving on.


I guess the best part about true friends is that
they accept you as you are without expecting you to be perfect. And they forgive your mistakes. They can piss you off, you can disagree and fight and know that you won't lose that person. You know that you will remain friends through good and bad times alike. And it's through those difficult times that you truly grow together.

So Jameel, thanks for not sucking so bad this weekend.
I guess I kind of love you too.

3 comments:

dreamyj said...

aww, very nice

Adei von K said...

that's an awesome realization to know that your friend isn't perfect but you love him nonetheless. i just have to think, "I know there's some things I can do better and I'm glad s/he's still my friend"

Jameil said...

lololol. i don't know how i'd feel right now if i were jameel.