23 September 2007

okay Stace, maybe you are right

I shouldn't give up on blogging.


I was told that I need to grow a thicker skin. I am overly sensitive. I take things way too personally. Fine, I recognize this. I know that I tend to find a way to interpret things as being a result of my own inadequacies. Habit, I suppose. A bad one. I beat myself up over things which I have no control over. This is where the theory I suck at life comes into play. It's always my fault in some form. Now when I look at things from afar and add a bit of logic, I know that this is not the reality of the situation, but those emotions can be awfully relentless. Still, recognizing the problem is half of the battle, right? Okay, that's great, but changing the behavior is the hard part, the part that seems to have me baffled. Well, what if I were to say that I am determined to overcome this flaw, no matter how arduous? You would want to know how. I don't have all the answers, but I have an idea of where to start. I have to stop setting these ridiculous standards by which I judge life and assign value. Taking chances is a part of growing up. I need to accept that I am human. Humans make mistakes; it's natural. So I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no reason for me to go into hiding. Sometimes things will be great, other times they will suck, but I will still be me and life will continue.

3 comments:

dreamyj said...

proud of you little (but 4 months older) sister...=)

Adei von K said...

it might help for you to post the high and low times; use writing as a catharsis. I'm glad you decided to stay :-)

Jameil said...

yes you are human!! remembering that will help you a lot. seriously. frustrating things happen to everyone. how you bounce back is up to you. i'm glad you're staying, too. blogging is a good way to just let it all out.