17 August 2006

Incredible !ndia

I returned home yesterday and I'm so happy to be back in the states. India was fun. For me, India is experienced best in small doses.

Things that I don'
t understand about India
1. The stench. Men urinate everywhere! It's like they have constant UTIs or something, because whenever that urge comes over them, they simply unzip and go.
2. People throw trash everywhere. I hate that people litter without any concern for the environment. In defense of India: I suppose in a country with a population of over 1 billion people there are more pressing concerns.
3. The damn bugs! Mosquitos, cockroaches (huge fear factor types), ants....
4. It is over 100 degrees outside, I do not want tea.
5. The bathrooms.
6. The extremely high pressure sales people, hustlers, and beggars.

Things that I love about India
1. The food! (Although the manner in which it is prepared in restaurants is better left unresearched in order to preserve one's appetite.)
2. Everything is sooo cheap by American standards.

3. The beauty. The beauty of the people and the landscape (sans the trash).
4. Family :)




1 comment:

dreamyj said...

o yay! that sounds really cool, i'm sure you have lots of good stories to tell. i don't know how i feel about the whole urination thing but i absolutely feel u on not drinking hot tea when its hot outside, i live by that principle. =)