17 August 2006

Can't sleep. Damn jetlag.

The new airline security rules really suck for long flights. Specifically: the restriction of all liquids and gels from being carried onboard. Admitting that I welcome the new measures in the name of security, I feel that the airlines should compensate for the inadequacies. They distribute toothbrushes and toothpaste. The bathroom is stocked with lotion and shaving utensils. But no lip balm. How am I supposed to survive for over 24 hours without some sort of lip moisurizer? Especially considering how drying airline cabin air can be. (Perhaps I should have bought a stick form of balm, because I think that they would have allowed that, but unfortunately all of the lip balm that I had was of a gel-like consistency.) Needless to say, my lips were extremely chapped and my eyes were so dry that they hurt to open and close. In extreme desperation, I discreetly spread some of the margarine from one of the meals on my lips in hopes of relieving the parched skin...which proved to be somewhat satisfying, although predominately greasy.

1 comment:

dreamyj said...

girl that is too funny. imma call you butter lips, lol! i can picture that in my mind and i'm crackin up over it.