04 November 2007

the time being

Daylight savings time. Woot! An extra hour, which I have decided to spend lounging in the bed with a bowl of ice cream and the computer. Last week Sunday, my phone told me that it was daylight savings time and it reset itself. So I was thinking, hmmmm okay. I called a friend to find out if it was true and she told me no, that daylight savings time was a week later. I tried to change the time on the phone, but everyday at midnight it would reset itself. After a week of that confusion, the time will finally be correct.
I have been spending too much time at work. Which I suppose in a way is a good thing. Ever notice how scrubs look a lot like prison uniforms? Coincidence? I think not. Anyway, there is a really sweet woman at my work who I sometimes talk to during lunch. After finding out that I only have 1 brother (in comparison with her 8 siblings), do not have any family living with me in Denver, and am single, I have become her new project. She is determined to find a mate for me. First it was one of her single brothers, now it is one of her co-workers. I don't know what to do. Being single is not a curse. I mean, some people like being single. Maybe I am one of them. Maybe that is just the way that God made me. Say you have this friend who was recently dumped. I mean DUMPED, like totally unexpected in a completely public place. Her feelings were crushed and she didn't know how to take it exactly, because she hadn't been dumped in years. I'm talking like more than 5 years ago, because truth is she wouldn't open herself up to situations that would enable that. BUT, she decided that it is time for a change, because change goes so well with age, you know. So she decided to take a chance, because taking chances is what life and learning are about. All of her good intentions and efforts got her nowhere. At least nowhere she wanted to be. Obviously that is a sign from the Lord that she doesn't belong in a relationship. Kenisha said, "Fine then Leela, just be single forever." Well maybe I will. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

Jameil said...

hahahahahaha. that was my first reaction. 2nd, maybe you DO need to be single right now. nothing wrong with that! i'm definitely enjoying my single, thank you very much! but i will also welcome my future husband when he makes his way into my life whenever that happens. in this moment.... i'm content to chill!!

Leela said...

lol, i'm not alone in enjoying being single. like you, i'm sure that when the time comes i will also welcome the idea of a relationship. but for now, sister of the faith, not the flesh is in full effect